independent living aids, (ila) Inc., one of the country’s primary mail-order suppliers of aids for the visually impaired and blind, has announced the addition of the Milestone 311-Voice Recorder and MP3 Player for The Blind to its comprehensive inventory of products. Developed in cooperation with, and input from, the Swiss National Association for the Blind, the Milestone 311 is the most accessible voice-recording memo on the market.
The Milestone 311 is more than a voice recorder; designed with some excellent features:
• Has five large tactually marked control buttons, yet is only slighter larger than a credit card (measuring: 3.35 inches x 2.13 inches x 0.55 inch)
• Allows for two hours of recording time divided into 5 voice-labeled folders
• Recording time can be extended to 140 hours by use by inserting an optional Secure Digital card
• Direct data transmission to and from a computer made capable by a USB cable (included)
• Requires no drivers
• Music Files or Book Recordings in MP3 can be transferred from the PC to Milestone 311 and played directly through the integrated MP3 player
• Powered by a built-in high-capacity rechargeable battery and charger (included)
Spokesperson for ila, Mimi C. Berman, PhD, has said, “The size and ease of use of The Milestone 311 Voice Recorder and MP3 Player offers new opportunities for the blind to use to enhance their work or their entertainment pleasure. It has been designed for ease of use and manageability which are two of its greatest assets.”
The Swiss National Association of and for the Blind (SNAB) was established in 1903. It is the national umbrella organization for 60 member organizations, which are all active in the field of blindness. The SNAB endeavors to give partially sighted, blind, deaf/blind and dual sensory impaired people the opportunity to determine their own way of life.
The Milestone 311 Voice Recorder and MP3 Player can be ordered by calling toll free at… 1-800-537-2118 or online at: http://www.independentliving.com/prodinfo.asp?number=757828&cid=N-pressrelease-5.
About independent living aids: (ila) is the oldest privately held mail order company in the United States selling low vision aids for people who are blind, diagnosed with macular degeneration or are otherwise visually impaired. The extensive selection of specially adapted low vision aids, tools and technology from ila includes canes, magnifiers, talking watches, talking clocks, large print books, ZoomText magnification software, Braille products, talking cooking gadgets and much more. ila promotes an improved quality of their life by providing some of the tools that can foster a more independent lifestyle.